The first snippets and photos from Isla’s Elle Australia cover shoot are online now – Isla looks beautiful in a variety of printed outfits in the photoshoot, and she talks about family life and pregnancy in the short quotes released from the interview:
“I do think you can have it all, but I think that you shouldn’t really want to. I don’t mean that you can’t have it all, more that it’s hard to do everything well.”
“I want a pint of Häagen-Dazs and my fat feet up on a stool and I want to just sleep.” – on not working when she was pregnant
10 Steps To Creating Our October Cover With Isla Fisher
What does it take to pull off a shoot with a Hollywood star? A dreamy location, designer clothes, and, in the case of Isla Fisher, plenty of laughs.
1. Put an editor, fashion director, producer and market editor/fashion assistant on a United Airlines flight to LA. Give them novelty socks to ease the 14-hour trip. A vodka tonic also helps.
2. Arrive at Malibu shoot location. Immediately vow to return home and purchase mid-century bungalow, fill it with an incredible amount of chairs and plant a cactus garden.
3. Strap a GoPro to the fashion assistant (it’s legal, we checked) to capture every nail-biting, sigh-inducing, side-splitting (mostly thanks to Isla) moment of the day.
4. Insert cover star Isla. “Ooh” and “ahh” with her over racks of Stella McCartney, Prada and Chloé and die in tandem over two looks from Burberry that have not yet even hit the runway.
5. After hair and makeup, get the shoot underway. Fight your way past one publicist and five assistants (including one with a GoPro strapped to her body) to take multiple Boomerangs. Feel validated when Isla, impressed, downloads the app.
6. Break for cake. Lots of cake. Lemon and vanilla. Feel validated once again when Isla has a slice.
7. Try to ignore the fact that even though your smart phone says it’s 33 degrees, it feels like 45. Capture five frames in the magic hour before sunset.
8. Coerce Isla into taking the ELLE mystery box challenge. Be just a little bit in awe of her competitive spirit when she ploughs through 20 questions in under 60 seconds.
9. Pack up and shuffle the entire team to Good Times at Davey Wayne’s (an ELLE favourite) for a celebratory dance to ’70s music amid retro garage-sale decor.
10. Return to West Hollywood Hotel, the Grafton On Sunset, to find a last-minute courier delivery of a Calvin Klein Collection dress. Kick yourself that it missed the shoot. Resist trying it on (try it on). Collapse. The shoot is in the bag.
The October issue of ELLE Australia is on sale now.